Montag, 2. August 2010

BatRep Tournament 1.500 pts.

And again my Hive Fleet clawed out of their army case and invaded the local store. With only 6 participants it was rather small, but hey, its for fun and ofcourse for the swarm. As usual I fielded my planetfall armylist consisting of a flyrant, 2 zoas in pod, 30 genes, 10 termas in pod, tervimom and a trygon prime.



We opened the carnage vs DARK ANGELS under the command of Andreas. The green guys appeared with a biker chaplain and 6 biker friends, 6 termies, 2 whirlwhinds, 1 annhilator, 1 trike, 10 marines and another 10 in rhino. He tried to spam up the table, but as it was all about KPs I concentrated my army on 2 points from which I could advance under the advantage of terrain and get all his units. So I won with 10:2

The second game was vs CHAOS SPACE MARINES under the command of Gerald. He fielded a termi general with 4 termi champs in a land raider, 2x7 khornies in rhino, 7 plaguees in rhino and 2 cybots. It was about 2 MOs, the left one of them was defended by plaguees, 1 cybot and a rhino. In the center a cybot and 1 khorne unit, with the land raider and the other khornies rushing at the MO on the right side. Long story short, I managed to sacrifice my tervimom at the right side MO and erase the chaotic scum with zoas and the flyrant. Well ok, 10 genes and 10 termas also gave a hand. On the left hand side I massed 20 genes on a cybot and the rhinos and ofcourse the trygon found deceased DNA as he splatted the plaguees in order to avoid their feel no pain. I manage the erase the whole army so that was the second victory by holding 2 MOs and a KP counter of 11:1.

The last game was vs ORKZ under the hard fist of Tom. This guy is a menace, he always seems to win somehow. Well ok, he rolls his dice like a young god, but thats not all. He´s a good tactician and now its inevitable to crush him HAR HAR HAR!!! He Waaaghed with a biker Waaaghboss + 6 biker nobz, 2 battlewagons with 1x30 dakkaboyz and 1x7 nobz, and a pikk-up with 12 boyz. Just a few models but as tough as Orks can be. My plan was to lure his scoring units out and win with tervimom and brooded termas. Everything deployed just my pod units were still in orbit. So I infiltrated 20 genes in each corner and 10 in the middle. Just come out and attack greenskins, I´ll die, but I´ll also decimate your ranks by striking first. 12 boyz charged and lost 5 models ... mmmh, ok!! 30 dakkaboyz charged and lost some, but ok, my tervimom was near. The bikers charged and lost 2 wounds ... wtf??? ... 20 attacks and I managed to hit 5 (!!) times!! Damned!! In my turn I rushed forward with the tervimom after breeding 12 termas and reduced the dakkaboyz to 5 models. But NOOOOOOO, I was to near. After the genes rolled such crap, they were overrun very quickly and Tom managed to charge and kill my Tervimom. Thats it, my plan was ruined. The rest of my army followed the example and I was wiped out. I managed to destroy some miniatures, but my killing-scoring-units-plan has cost me the game. So the last game was lost and I was placed 3rd. Mmmmmmh ... not nice.

Things I´ve learned:

1. The army list works if I roll on a average.
2. But it sucks if I roll like an idiot and my opponent rolls like a young god.
3. Now something to the last game:
- The game was cool, I enjoyed it most of the time. Ok, when Tom started yelling "Look how they can hit!!" ... "Look how they can wound!!" ... "Look how they can save/die!!" The first few yells were funny and a part of a roleplaying game. But after 2 game turns it began to get annoying and I asked myself if Tom got a friendly clap on his backhead by Gork or Mork. (Or both)
- My plan was ok, but died on my incompetence to roll on an average with the genes and cause casualties. Especially the pathetic try to soften the biker nobz by reducing them to 1 wound each (they were each equipped differently - wound allocation rocks) in order to kill them more efficiently afterwards broke my neck.
- I made a very, very big mistake by moving my Tervigon to near to the biker nobz, so they could kill him in the following turn. So my production of scoring units was on a dead end.
- After all, I must say it was a interesting game. My plan was ok, but there was a misinterpretation. Fortuna wasn´t smiling at my from above, she was laughing at me.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen